Procter & Gamble, an American multinational company, has introduced a treatment for the common cold, flu, and similar common allergies and illnesses. Nyquil an over the counter medication that is best for the night time symptoms of cold-like sore throat, cough, headaches, body pain, etc. this is a combination medicine, and nyquil ingredients include three active participants:
The ingredients in Nyquil
Nyquil is a combination of three active ingredients:
The effects of each ingredient in Nyquil
- Acetaminophen in Nyquil reduces fever and relieves pain
- Dextromethorphan(DMX) suppresses cough
- Doxylamine is an antihistamine that helps in reducing symptoms like sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and flowing nose
Nyquil is a nighttime medicine for all the irritations of cold like sneezing, coughing, body pain, etc., are suppressed, and you get a goodnight’s sleep.
The things you need to know before taking this medicine
- Do not take this medicine if you are a person who takes three alcoholic drinks a day
- Avoid taking Nyquil if you have or are taking MAO inhibitors. There can be a severe reaction
- Do not take this drug if you are suffering from any kind of liver disease
Keep away from this medicine if you are allergic to any one of the Nyquil ingredients. Though it is an over the counter medicine to treat the common cold symptoms, you should take a doctor’s advice before using it.
Suffering from cold, flu, body ache, and other common cold symptoms, taking Vicks Nyquil is a good solution. It gives you a nice and comfortable sleep at night by suppressing the symptoms of a cold like a cough, runny nose, watery eyes, etc. Nyquil has antihistamine properties that are a good remedy for cold relief.
The three ingredients in Nyquil gives you relief from fever, pain, cough, sneezing, watery eyes, and runny nose so that you can have an undisturbed sleep at night.
A safe medicine
Nyquil is mostly a safe medicine for children above six and all adults. You have to avoid taking it if you are a heavy drinker. You can take advice from your doctor if you have any medical conditions. Do not take Nyquil during day time because it may cause drowsiness and hamper you from doing your work. It’s not a cure for a cold, but you can get good relief from it.